Golden Drum Jury
- All entries registered in the Golden Drum Festival competition shall be judged by one of the two international juries appointed by the Slovenian Advertising Chamber (hereinafter: the Festival organizer).
- The Festival’s competition programme shall be divided into two sections: What and Why. Accordingly, the Festival shall have two juries: the What Jury and the Why Jury.
- Each jury shall be comprised of 11 members. The work of an individual jury shall be headed by the jury president, appointed by the Festival organizer.
- The jury president shall be responsible for the fair judging of entries. The jury president shall brief jury members on judging criteria, before the judging of entries begins.
- All members and the president of the jury shall have equal voting rights, and participate in the judging of registered entries. Each jury member shall make decisions independently and autonomously on the basis of his or her expertise, reputation and authority. Moreover, each jury member shall have the right to make objections and raise questions, and shall be obliged to clarify his or her assessment when judging entries that will receive the main awards, or when so requested by the president of the jury.
- Jury members shall not judge entries:
- that were registered by their employer,
- that were registered by an agency from the same agency network as the jury member,
- that they co-authored.
- The work of each jury shall be planned and monitored by a representative of the Competition Director appointed by the Festival Organizer. The president and members of the jury shall be provided assistance in interpreting the Festival rules. The Competition Director shall be responsible for the timely judging of entries and the accuracy of all results.
- The work of the juries shall be supported by the appropriate software. The juries shall also receive administrative support from the jury coordinator.
- All communication within the juries shall be in English.
- The first round of judging shall be done remotely online prior to the start of the Festival. Each jury member shall receive a list of entries and precise instructions prior to judging. Jury members shall examine all registered entries, and mark each with a vote of YES or NO for inclusion on the shortlist. The shortlist shall include the optimal approximation to 20% of top-ranked entries in a group determined by the president of the jury.
- The president of the jury shall have the right to include a maximum of one additional entry per group on the shortlist. The president of the jury may not select an entry:
- that was registered by their employer,
- that was registered by an agency from the same agency network as the president, or
- that they co-authored.
- The second round of judging shall be held at the Festival. Entries included on the shortlist shall be judged by category. In groups without categories, all entries shall be judged simultaneously.
- Each jury member with the right to vote shall judge entries on a scale of 6 to 10. Jury members shall discuss award recipients on the basis of these results. The jury shall present awards on the basis of the consensus between jury members.
- If a member of the jury is excluded from voting and the result is a tie, the president of the jury shall cast the deciding vote. If the president of the jury is excluded from voting, the jury member selected by the president of the jury prior to the start of judging shall cast the deciding vote. This rule shall apply in all rounds of judging.
- The best entry in an individual category shall receive a Golden Drum The jury may present several Golden Drum awards in an individual category and is not obliged to present an award in every category. In groups without categories, the jury may present an arbitrary number of Golden Drum awards.
- The second-best entry in an individual category may receive a Silver Drum The jury may present several Silver Drum awards in an individual category. An arbitrary number of such awards may be presented in groups without categories. The jury may decide not to present an award.
- The best entry in an individual group shall receive a Grand Prix award (with an exception of Social Good group and Genius Loci / Local Spirit Group).
- The best of What will be chosen by the What jury among Grand Prix winners in Section What and The best of Why will be chosen by the Why jury among Grand Prix, The Best of Good and The Best of Genius Loci winners in Section Why. Those two awards have to be awarded.
- If the client of the submitted entry is a non-profit organization, the entry may not receive the Grand Prix award in any of the Golden Drum festival groups. If the client is a profit organization, the entry may receive the Grand Prix award, even if the entry is deemed by their content to be social and charity-related. However, all social and charity-related entries (created for profit or non-profit organizations) may be submitted to the Social Good group, which will be judged by the Why jury and the winner will receive The Best of Good Award. The recipient of this award receives 18 points. The Juries reserve the right to withhold this award.
- Grand Prix is not awarded in Genius Loci / Local Spirit group. However, the winner will receive The best of Genius Loci / Local Spirit Award. The recipient of this award receives 18 points. The group will be judged by the Why jury which reserves the right to withhold this award.
- Each of the juries shall be given an option to withhold a Grand Prix in two of the groups in each section (i.e. two groups in What and two groups in Why) in case the jury finds the quality of the entered works in particular groups below the benchmark achieved in other groups. The jury shall be asked to argument such a decision. In the exceptional case of a major deviation in the quality of entries judged in more than two groups, and with the consent of the Competition Director of the Golden Drum Festival, each Jury reserves the right to withhold the Grand Prix award in four groups from each section.
- Entries included on the shortlist and Silver Drum, Golden Drum, Grand Prix, The Best of Good, The Best of Genius Loci, The Best of What and The Best of Why award recipients shall receive points as follows:
|Silver Drum||5 points|
|Golden Drum||9 points|
|Grand Prix||15 points|
|The Best of Good||18 points|
|The Best of Genius Loci / Local Spirit||18 points|
|The Best of What, The Best of Why||20 points|
- Series of entries included on the shortlist and Silver Drum, Golden Drum, Grand Prix, The Best of Good, The Best of What and The Best of Why award recipients shall receive points as follows:
|Finalist||1 point for every entry|
|Silver Drum||5 points (first entry) + 2 points (every additional entry)|
|Golden Drum||9 points (first entry) + 2 points (every additional entry)|
|Grand Prix||15 points (first entry) + 2 points (every additional entry)|
|The Best of Good||18 points (first entry) + 2 points (every additional entry)|
|The Best of What, The Best of Why||20 points (first entry) + 2 points (every additional entry)|
Only the points for the highest-ranking award shall be taken into account.
The agency name shall be taken into account in the calculation of awards presented on the basis of the Festival’s points system.
- The following awards shall be presented on the basis of the aforementioned points system: theGolden Rose for the agency that collects the most points (field “AGENCY NAME AND CITY” in the entry form); the Golden Net for the most successful advertising network on the basis of the points of all agencies that comprise the network in question (field “AGENCY NETWORK” in the entry form); the Golden Dragon Award for the most successful independent advertising agency that collects the most points (field “AGENCY NAME AND CITY” in the entry form); the Brand Grand Prix for the advertised brand that collects the most points (field “BRAND NAME” in the entry form); and the Golden Watch awarded to the Creative Director of the Campaign of the Year that collects the most points for the campaign and the individual entries of the same campaign in all categories (fields “CAMPAIGN NAME” and “EXECUTIVE CREATIVE DIRECTOR” in the entry from).
- Special Golden Drum Adriatic award shall be presented on the basis of the Festival’s points system for the most successful entries from the following Adriatic Region countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Slovenia. On the basis of the collected points from both the What section and the Why section, three finalists and one aforementioned award shall be presented. The Festival reserves the right to present the award only and not to explicate the collected points.
- In the event of doubt regarding compliance with the Festival rules, the president of the jury may request that the Festival organizer verifies the veracity of statements given in the registration form for an individual entry.
- The president of the jury shall reserve the right to exclude from judging any entries that are proved to be “ghost ads” (unpublished or published without the client’s consent).
- The decisions of the jury are final. The record regarding the judging of entries and awards presented shall be signed by the president of the jury and the Competition Director.
- Each jury member shall sign the declaration of honour before the beginning of the judging.
- Members of the jury are sworn to silence concerning their work as jurors and are prohibited from discussing the results with anyone prior to the official award ceremony.
- Each juror agrees to abide the above rules.