Genius Loci / Local Spirit award launched
There is a new award added to the Golden Drum awards line-up this year. Local spirit group renamed into Genius Loci/Local spirit has been elevated to a new and highly appreciated award in the region. The award will emphasize and celebrate the distinctive cultures.
The competition of the festival strives for more clarity and relevance; therefore, it introduces new groups and some renamed existing ones.
The major changes in this year’s competition in the section WHAT are:
- categories in groups Film, Print, Out of home and Audio have been refreshed and merged
- in group Digital & Mobile is a new Ecommerce category and category Websites and micro sites is now Websites, micro sites and apps
- group Design is back!
- group Innovation is moved from section WHY to section WHAT and will focus on WHAT is outstanding about the communication solution in the chosen form and WHAT is the added value of its’ execution
The major changes in this year’s competition in the section WHY are:
- Integrated group was moved from section WHAT to section WHY and is searching for a really brilliant insight, relevant meaning or purpose of the chosen communications
- Content group previously known as Entertainment group also has a new category Influencers and is added for elevating and defining the growing importance of influence marketing
- former group Reach was renamed to Engagement and moved to the WHY section
- there are now only two categories in group Social Good: Non-profit social good for charity and non-profit cause marketing that promote general awareness and encourage critical thinking and community engagement and Profit social good for corporate social communications and responsibility campaigns
This year’s competition also brings a new point system for awarded series.
|Finalist||1 point for every entry|
|Silver Drum||5 points (first entry) + 2 points (every additional entry)|
|Golden Drum||9 points (first entry) + 2 points (every additional entry)|
|Grand Prix||15 points (first entry) + 2 points (every additional entry)|
|The Best of Good||18 points (first entry) + 2 points (every additional entry)|
|The Best of What, The Best of Why||20 points (first entry) + 2 points (every additional entry)|