The key question that the jury will be asking is a reason WHY does this work exist?
In today's world where we are facing thousands of different messages, having access to so many products and services, we as a consumers ask ourselves why one would choose one product or service over others. The most important question is Why. Is there a unique reason for product or service invention or introduction, a really brilliant insight, relevant meaning or purpose, the most important driver which helped creative teams to think of a brilliant piece of communication?
The jury will observe the communication as a whole from that perspective so even beautifully crafted communication but without a brilliant answer to Why, won't count in this category.
The section questions the end goal of any intervention in the communication landscape by dividing them in the groups Integrated, Activation, Brand Building, Functional Efficiency, Content, Engagement, Genius Loci / Local spirit and Social Good.
- Brand Introduction (creation of new brand or corporate identity)
- Brand Repositioning (rebrand/refresh of an existing brand)
- Brand Vitality (consistent communication longer than 2 years)
- Films & TV shows (shows, movies, movies incl. internet releases, series, documentaries ..,)
- Online & Mobile (websites, apps, social media, user-generated content platforms)
- Live experience (installations, events, music, sport events)
- Native advertising, Brand integration, Sponsorships & Co-promotions
- Games (PC, console, online games, mobile apps / incl. competitions, sweepstakes, online challenges, quizzes...)
- Influencers (content created with or by influencers for the primary purpose of increasing a brand’s reach / profile with community / specific business goals and/or help to establish trust with target audience)
- Direct (includes targeted and response-driven communication; engaging specific target audience groups and develop costumer relationships, inspiring actions)
- Creative use of Data (includes creative use of data, real-time data and social media data to enhance consumer interest, personalized experience and engagement, data-driven strategic planning and targeting and data visualization)
- Public & Community Relations (includes communication solutions in effective and creative ways using PR tools: internal communication (business to employee communication), corporate PR, marketing, PR, sponsorship, change & crisis communication, public & community engagement & participation (including government and political and other communities PR communication) and unconventional communication (buzz, guerrilla…))
- Creative use of Media (includes innovative media strategy and best use of the medium or media platform (social media, crowd-funding, blogs, boards, photo & video sharing))
- Non-profit social good (charity and non-profit cause marketing that promote general awareness and encourage critical thinking and community engagement)
- Profit social good (corporate social communications and responsibility campaigns)