Entry deadline: 31 July 2017
GOLDEN DRUM COMPETITION
The Golden Drum Competition is the official competition of the festival. The Competition and Awards are open to all agencies, advertisers, clients, design or production houses, media companies and others involved in the creation or production of marketing communications, registered in the following countries: Albania, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.
Golden Drum Competition is divided in two sections:
- Best Piece, i.e. stand-alone entries;
- Best Practice, i.e. campaigns and concepts.
Both sections are judged by two International Juries, featuring top industry professionals:
- Best Piece Jury recognizes and awards creative brilliance in individual executions of Films, Press, Out of Home, Radio, Digital, Mobile, Direct and Design and it is about excellence achieved in a singular form;
- Best Practice Jury recognizes and awards excellence achieved in complex communication executions: Integrated, Activation programme, Branded content and entertainment, Events, Public relations, Media, Capture of local spirit, Innovative.
Before entering the Golden Drum Competition, please familiarize yourself with the Eligibility & Conditions. If you have any questions, please send them to [email protected].
Entering the Golden Drum Competition you have a chance to win one of the following awards:
- Grand Prix
Grand Prix award for the best Film, Press, Out of Home, Radio, Direct, Design, Digital, Mobile, Integrated, Activation Programme, Branded content and entertainment, Events, Public relations, Media, Capture of local spirit and Innovative.
Entries submitted to the Social & charity categories, or deemed by their content to be social and charity-related entries, may not receive the Grand Prix award. However, all social and charity-related entries that receive a Golden Drum award shall be eligible to be judged by both Juries for the best Social & charity work and receive the Good Cause Grand Prix award. A recipient of this award receives 18 points. The Juries reserve the right to withhold this award.
- Golden Drum award for the winning entry in a category.
- Silver Drum award for the second best entry in a category.
- Golden Rose award for the advertising agency that collects the most points.
- Golden Dragon award for the most successful independent advertising agency that collects the most points.
- Golden Net award for the most successful advertising network on the basis of the points of all agencies that comprise the network in question.
- Brand Grand Prix award for the advertised brand that collects the most points.
- Golden Drum Adriatic Awards
Special Golden Drum Adriatic, Silver Drum Adriatic and Bronze Drum Adriatic Awards shall be presented on the basis of the Festival’s points system for the most successful entries from the following Adriatic Region countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Slovenia. On the basis of the collected points, ten finalists and the aforementioned awards shall be presented in both, the Best Piece section and the Best Practice section. The Festival reserves the right to present three awards per section only and not to explicate the collected points.
- Golden Watch Award
Golden Watch award is one of our special awards that will be presented to the Creative Director of the best Campaign of the Year which collects most points in this year’s Golden Drum Competition. The winner will be awarded with the title of the Best Creative Director of this year’s Golden Drum, thus celebrating the overall winner for her or his achievements.
Golden Drum Adriatic Awards and Golden Watch Award do not receive points.
Entrants receive points for each short-listed or awarded entry according to the following key:
|Grand Prix||15 points|
|Golden Drum||9 points|
|Silver Drum||5 points|
|Good Cause Grand Prix||18 points|
|Grand Prix in group Q||18 points|
|Golden Drum in group Q||11 points|
|Silver Drum in group Q||6 points|
|Finalist in group Q||2 points|