QUALITY OF ENTRIES
Please note that the organizer does not accept any responsibility for poor quality of submitted materials as it may affect your presentation before the Juries and the Festival audience.
PRESENTATION OF ENTRIES
All entries, submitted to the Golden Drum Festival, will be shown for the judging, screened and/or exhibited during the Festival, screened at the award ceremonies, should your entry be awarded, as well as published in a showcase of the entries on www.goldendrum.com. The organizer reserves the right to change the printed size of individual entry for exhibition during the Festival.
QUALITY of VIDEO entries
Technical instructions for submitting entries are regularly revised and amended. All specifications regarding entries submitted in the form of video data are set to HD quality with aspect ratio of 16:9. If HD quality is not available for submitting, PAL quality will be accepted
LENGTH of VIDEO entries
All video entries (films, video presentations or case films) must be NO MORE than 3 minutes long (i.e. 180 seconds), except in the categories 17 – Online films and 18 – Mobile films, where video entries may be up to 5 minutes long.
Awards show film (optional) must be NO MORE than one minute long (i.e. 60 seconds). In case you do not submit the awards show film, the organizer reserves the right to screen first 60 seconds of the original video at the award ceremonies, should your entry be awarded.
LANGUAGE of entries
All video entry materials have to be dubbed or subtitled in English. If the entry is not a video entry and the original language is not English, you also have to submit a file containing the original language and a translation into English (as text file) and will only be used for the judging purposes (as text file in .DOC format, .RTF format or .TXT format).
Entries shall only be submitted via ONLINE SUBMISSION system accessible via www.goldendrum.com, except entries in certain groups that can be submitted via COURIER. Please read these instructions carefully and follow the instructions for each group separately. If Courier option is allowed, make sure that you include a print of your »online system entry form«.
Please make sure that the entries are not branded with agency logotype.
For any further assistance and advice, please contact [email protected].
REQUIRED AND OPTIONAL MATERIALS
There are required and optional materials to be submitted to present your entries. Please refer to each group’s requirements for submission of materials.
- Required materials will be shown for the judging, screened and/or exhibited during the Festival, screened at the award ceremonies, should your entry be awarded, as well as published in a showcase of the entries on goldendrum.com.
- Optional Awards show film, if submitted, will be screened at the award ceremonies, should your entry be awarded. In case you do not submit the awards show film, the organizer reserves the right to screen only the first 60 seconds of the original video at the award ceremony.
- Other optional materials can be submitted to better present your work in a context and will only be shown for judging, if submitted. Upon request from an entrant, these optional materials may be published in a showcase of the entries on the Festival’s website.
There should be no agency branding on any materials submitted.
Agency names and logos should not appear on written submission, entry URL or any submitted materials.
It is the sole entrant’s responsibility to submit entries with correct credits.
Materials to present your work shall be on of high quality and in line with the technical requirements. The Festival organizer does not bear any responsibility for poor quality of materials submitted and will be presented as submitted.
FORMATS OF MATERIALS SUBMITTED
Please check the requirements for submission of materials for each Group.
Video materials must be uploaded as MP4 files only and within a length defined for a particular group.
|Resolution||Full HD (1920×1080 px), 16:9 Widescreen (preferable)|
|Video codec||h.264 (min 15 – max 40 mbps)|
|Audio codec||AAC (min 160 kbps), 44KHz|
|File size(*)||up to 360 MB|
(*) Please upload a video with the best possible resolution and within the file size limit. Should you wish to upload the file size of your video larger than 360 MB, please contact us at [email protected].
Images must be uploaded as JPEG files only and in the following format:
|Size||The longest side must be at least 420 mm|
|File size||up to 6 MB|
Audio files must be uploaded as MP3 files only with the following specifications:
- Minimum of 64 kbps (mono) up to a maximum of 192 kbps
- File type: MP3 (stereo) with a compression ratio of 22:1
- File size: no single MP3 should be over 10 MB
Entries shall only be submitted via ONLINE SUBMISSION system accessible via www.goldendrum.com, except entries in certain groups (E. Direct and F. Design) that can be submitted via COURIER to the following address:
PAIDEIA – GOLDEN DRUM FESTIVAL OFFICE
RIMSKA CESTA 6
When sending the required materials – the actual sample – via COURIER, please make sure that you include a print of your “online system entry form” and follow these instructions:
- Each individual entry – each actual sample must be accompanied by a copy of the entry form.
- Do not include files for entries from other groups.
- The actual sample must be well protected for transport and if necessary, please empty the package contents.
- Please send all material at the same time.
- All entries in this group will be exhibited during the Festival.
- Actual sample of the entry. In groups E. Direct and F. Design, photos and scale models not bigger than 50 x 50 x 50 cm are accepted. If the actual sample of entry is not suitable for presentation at the festival exhibition location, please send print-ready photography of the entry: digital image of entry in JPEG format, RGB, 300 dpi, the longest side must be at least 420 mm long.
Please consult the Festival office about extra sizes or requirements for the exhibition at [email protected].
You must cover all courier and mailing costs in advance, to secure the delivery of your materials. The Festival organizer does not accept responsibility for packages at any stage of transit. If entries are lost, held up at customs or require payment for delivery, resolution is the sole responsibility of the entrant.
Please note that any materials submitted as an entry in the competition become the property of the Festival organizer and will not be returned.