DEADLINE FOR YOUR ENTRIES IS 10 SEPTEMBER!
The Slovenian Tourist Board and the Golden Drum invite you to join the traditional competition for the best and most creative poster on the topic:
SLOVENIA, LAND OF CLEAN AND HEALTHY WATERS.
The goal of the competition is to raise awareness of Slovenia as a green, active, and healthy destination for unique experiences by telling stories of individuals. Visitors to Slovenia experience clean waters (rivers, lakes, the sea, water sources, hot springs, health resorts), which is one of the competitive advantages of Slovenian tourism. In accordance with the policy of the Strategy for the Sustainable Growth of Slovenian Tourism, the Slovenian Tourist Board has been actively promoting a sustainable attitude towards the environment and sustainable tourism.
The vision of Slovenian tourism consists of multiple strong and market-oriented key elements, which support the story of the sustainable commitment:
Slovenia is a green boutique country.
- Focus on a Slovenian green experience in all phases of a consumer’s trip.
- High-quality experiences for visitors.
- The sense of its boutique character when holidaying in Slovenia.
Slovenia is a global destination.
- Globally recognisable tourism and experiences.
- A high value of the marketing brand – national and tourist.
Slovenia is suitable for visits by high-end visitors.
- Tourists with refined taste – recognise the uniqueness of experiences – green, active, healthy.
- High-end guests who seek diverse and satisfying experiences, different from mass tourism and non-sustainable concepts.
Slovenia is suitable for visitors seeking diverse and active experiences.
- Diverse experiences: from passive relaxation, laid-back exploration, and sightseeing to active holidays, adrenaline-filled challenges, and going beyond one’s comfort zone.
Slovenia is suitable for visitors seeking peace.
- The feeling of inner peace and a revived holiday satisfaction.
- An emphasis on a peaceful environment – breath-taking views, backdrops, unspoilt nature and beautiful cultural features, mountain peaks, lakes, rivers, the coast, etc.
- An emphasis on a safe environment.
Slovenia is suitable for visitors seeking personal benefits.
- By spending holidays in Slovenia, visitors feel that they experience benefits at a personal level: satisfaction, fulfilment, self-realisation, inspiration, relaxation, wellness, learning, and new realisations.
Create posters for the SLOVENIAN TOURIST BOARD on the topic of:
‘SLOVENIA, LAND OF CLEAN AND HEALTHY WATERS.’
The competition dealing with the topic of healthy waters is based on Slovenia’s commitment to the environment. The poster should represent Slovenia as a land of clean and healthy waters, and it can highlight its medicinal effects. The poster should be conceptualised so that the idea enables the creation of a series of posters and the application to all necessary communications channels (digital media, printed ads, etc.).
Foreign tourists – high-end visitors seeking diverse and active experiences, peace, and personal benefits.
The main facts about healthy waters which Slovenia wishes to communicate:
- Slovenia is incredibly rich in water.
- Thermal mineral water offers numerous opportunities for visitors to Slovenia’s natural spas, for health and wellness.
- Slovenia has one of the highest-quality drinking waters in the world. It is proud to have multiple types of drinking water: spring water and natural drinking water, natural mineral water, CO2-containing water, and living water. Water which can be drunk from springs and the water supply system is quite rare in the world nowadays.
- At the Sečovlje and Strunjan Salt Pans, sea salt is produced using natural methods. Salt produced in this way is the only salt with such whiteness without additional processing. This relates to the topic of coastal health resorts.
Present Slovenia as a tourist destination with clean and healthy waters in all forms: rivers, lakes, the sea, water sources, and hot springs.
Communication activities will be carried out around the world.
Application start date: 14 June 2019
Application end date: 10 September 2019
You can use photographic materials which are available in the Media Library of the Slovenian Tourist Board (https://www.slovenia.info/sl/mediateka), your own photographs, illustrations, or fictional images. High-resolution photographs are available for free in the Media Library for the purposes of the competition. Registration is required for the use of the Media Library.
The use of the advertiser’s logo (I feel Slovenia) is mandatory. Please incorporate the logo in the upper left side of your poster/s.
If you use a photograph from any of the above collections, you must observe copyright rules on the poster by stating the author’s name.
Familiarise yourselves with all of the rules and legal terms and conditions which apply to this competition.
The author of the best poster or a series of posters will be awarded a EUR 3000* prize by the Slovenian Tourist Board and Golden Drum.
The award will be given on stage at the final award ceremony on Friday, 18 October 2019. Short-listed posters will be on display on 17 and 18 October 2019, during the festival.
- David Rolfe, Executive Vice President, Director of Integrated Production, BBDO New York, USA – President
- Milka Pogliani, Creative Consultant and Adviser and former Chairwoman of the European Creative Council EMEA, Chairwoman and Executive Creative Director, McCann Worldgroup, Italy
- Boogie, photographer, Serbia/USA
- Martin Ježek, Strategic Director, MSL Prague, Czech Republic
- Ana Savšek, Content Marketing Manager, Slovenian Tourist Board, Slovenia
SPECIAL CONDITION: PARTICIPANTS MUST BE UNDER 30 YEARS OLD
Requirements for participation in the competition Healthy Waters of Slovenia Poster Award:
Application and submission of works
All works must be applied and uploaded through the online application system engine.goldendrum.com
The application fee is 25 € (excl. VAT).
Make sure to precisely follow the technical instructions for submitting works.
A single creative concept may contain a series of posters with the same concept/idea (all parts/materials in the series must be enclosed with a single application form). Each new creative concept must be submitted and paid as a new entry.
One picture file is mandatory. The name of the file must be identical to the name of the work.
All works submitted for the Young Drummers competition will be displayed for evaluation and published in the catalogue of works on the website www.goldendrum.com. Works that have made it to the final selection will be exhibited during the festival. The awarded work or series will be exhibited at the award ceremony.
Only JPEG files will be accepted.
|Size||The longest side must have a minimum length of 420 mm.|
|File size||Up to 6 MB|
- Only Young Drummers under the age of 30 (born after 19 October 1989) and from the following countries - Albania, Andorra, Austria, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, and the United Kingdom – are eligible to compete.
- There is no limitation to the number of co-authors for a creative solution. However, it is important to know that the prize in case of winning gets evenly distributed among all the authors.
- Each creative solution constitutes of one entry.
- Works submitted for the competition shall not be returned.
- No legal proceedings may be initiated against the jury.
- With their signature, the author declares that their work has not been previously published and that they are the copyright holder. The participants have the exclusive responsibility for the quality and ownership of the copyright related to the work. The participants shall release the festival organiser from any obligations towards third parties.
- The Slovenian Tourist Board shall obtain a non-exclusive copyright to use the winning poster created for the Healthy Waters of Slovenia Poster Award competition. The posters will only be used to promote Slovenia as a tourist destination. The copyright shall apply without any geographic restrictions during the entire term of the copyright, and shall include an adaptation right.
- The author agrees for the submitted works to be published on the website www.goldendrum.com, used in press releases, and, if short-listed, displayed in an exhibition of works.
- Participants shall authorise the festival organiser to display or publish their ads for the purpose of promoting the festival for free. Said authorisation shall be given for the period from 15 September 2019 to 15 September 2029 and can be used all around the world, exclusively for the purpose of presenting the Golden Drum Festival.
- Participants shall precisely follow the application terms and conditions. By completing and submitting the application form, it shall be deemed that the participant fully accepts the competition terms and conditions. Failure to follow any of the application rules shall result in the automatic disqualification of the submitted work.
* The prize amount (EUR 3,000) is the gross amount. The prize is taxed pursuant to Slovenian legislation, so a suitable income tax advance payment amount will be deducted.