Young Drummers Competition
The City of Ljubljana and the Golden Drum Festival invite you to take part in a traditional competition for the best and most creative poster, this time focused on strengthening city’s brand on the topic:
LJUBLJANA – THE CITY TO EXPERIENCE CULTURE AND ART
Ljubljana is a city that amazes and exceeds all your expectations. It is a unique European capital – small in size but large when it comes to hospitality and quality of life. Over the last eleven years, more than 1,800 projects have been carried out in Ljubljana. Thus, the quality of life has significantly improved. We have been awarded the greatest European award for cities, the prestigious title of European Green Capital 2016, as well as many other awards, certificates and praises. The projects that were carried out and the efforts of the city also resulted in the satisfaction of its citizens and an annual growth of the number of tourists. Green, safe, clean, always interesting and pleasant, Ljubljana is a magnet for visitors from near and far. As a result, a new record is set every year in the number of overnight stays and the international reputation of the trademark of the city has become significantly enhanced. As the Slovenian capital, we are building our own international identity, based on a rich cultural heritage and a top and diverse cultural offer.
They say that Ljubljana is Europe in miniature, because it is positioned on the dynamic crossroads of various cultures, regions and historical developments. It is a unique combination of prehistoric times of pile dwellers, the 2,000 years old Roman Emona, the medieval centre under the castle hill with rich baroque façades, and the beauty of art nouveau with Jože Plečnik’s creations, an important architect and urban planner of Europe.
As the capital of Slovenia, Ljubljana is the headquarters of many museums and boasts many boutique art and sales galleries. The city is distinguished by the harmonious coexistence of tradition and modern rhythm – it is a lively centre of creativity, where culture is virtually the way of life. Every year, more than 14,000 cultural events take place in Ljubljana – top music, theatre, fine art and alternative events alike. This is the city that can be visited in any season. As a cultural capital, Ljubljana is architecturally diverse and rich in heritage, but at the same time modern and creative, even avant-garde and provocative.
Read more about Ljubljana’s offer here.
Design a creative corporate poster and a slogan that represents Ljubljana as a city of culture and art. Focus on strengthening the brand and convey the message Ljubljana – The City to Experience Culture and Art in your own way.
The poster should be designed so that the idea enables a series of posters and use on all the necessary communication channels (digital media, print ads, etc.). The author should focus on one theme and be able to communicate it through the concept of strengthening the brand.
Target group (focus on one)
- Slovenian visitors and the local population that does not yet know the rich cultural offer of Ljubljana and may even become ambassadors of the destination;
- Foreign tourists – lovers of culture in the widest sense;
- Foreign media.
Unique Sides of Ljubljana Highlighted in Our Communication
- A relaxed and creative city with a hint of an alternative side;
- The incredible architectural image of Plečnik’s Ljubljana and beautiful views: “unique sceneries for all your experiences”;
- Lively goings on at every step, an incredible rhythm of events and culture;
- A romantic city: “love” is already written in its name (“ljubezen” means love in Slovenian);
- Adventures in Ljubljana and its surroundings that the visitors can experience on various organized tours and trips;
- The Urbana tourist card.
To strengthen the Ljubljana as the City of Culture branding of the city and remind the national and international public that Ljubljana is equal to the greatest capitals of Europe in terms of quality city life in all areas (environmental protection, urban policy, traffic and infrastructure, culture, health and social care, sport, tourism, entrepreneurship).
Communication activities will mostly be carried out abroad and partly in Slovenia.
- The City of Ljubljana, Green Capital of Europe, UNESCO and Tourism Ljubljana logos must be used on the posters. All required logos are available here: ftp://youngdrummers:[email protected] // Username: youngdrummers // Password: Festival333!
- You may use photo material from the City of Ljubljana photo gallery on your posters available at: https://www.visitljubljana.com/en/b2b-press/press-resources/photo-library/ // Username: fototeka // Password: ljubljana
- The purpose of the use of photographs from City of Ljubljana photo gallery is only for Young Drummers Competition. If you use a photo from the above mentioned photo gallery, you have to include the author’s name and source (Turizem Ljubljana) in the poster due to copyright.
Client: City of Ljubljana
The author of the best poster will receive 3.000 EUR* from the City of Ljubljana and one full registration for the Golden Drum Festival 2018.
The authors of the second and third ranked posters will each receive one full registration for the Golden Drum Festival 2018.
These awards will be presented on the stage at the Golden Drum Award Ceremony on 20 October 2017. 24 shortlisted posters will be exhibited from 18 to 20 October 2017 during the 24th Golden Drum Festival and also be given an opportunity to present their creative solutions on the Golden Drum Festival stage.
*The award amount (3.000 EUR) is a gross value. The award is subject to taxation as per the Slovenian legislation, so the respective personal income tax will be deducted. The award amount remains the same even if the winning creative solution (poster) has several authors.
Tereza Svěráková, Chief Creative Officer, Y&R Czech Republic
Tjaša Ficko, Deputy Mayor of Ljubljana, Slovenia
Gosia Drozdowska, Creative Director, FCB Warsaw, Poland
Franz Riebenbauer, CEO and Creative Director, Riebenbauer Design, Austria
Philipp Schwartz, Head of Strategic Planning, BBDO Berlin, Germany
DEADLINE: 4 September 2017
HOW TO ENTER
Create a poster for the City of Ljubljana that strengthens Ljubljana’s brand as the city to experience culture and art.
Before you start, read the complete starting points here.
You can use the photo materials from the City of Ljubljana gallery, your own phots, illustrations or fictional images.
The application of advertiser’s logotypes (City of Ljubljana, European Green Capital, UNESCO, and Tourism Ljubljana) is compulsory.
Entry submission opens: 27 June 2017
Entry deadline: 4 September 2017
Special condition: entrants must be under 30 years of age (born after 20 October 1987). You need to attach proof of your date of birth to the registration form.
All entries must be submitted in English, as they will be judged by international jury.
All entries can be registered through our online registration system on www.goldendrum.com.
Entry fee (per creative concept): 45 EUR + VAT
One creative concept may include a series of posters with the same concept/idea (upload the images of all parts of the series in your registration form). Each new creative concept should be registered and paid for separately.
SUBMIT YOUR WORK
Entries can be uploaded through our online registration system.
In any case, please make sure to follow technical instructions for submitting your entries as carefully as possible.
Image file(s) are required. Entries in this group can only be submitted through the online registration system on www.goldednrum.com and only files as JPEG will be accepted.
|Size||the longest side must be at least 420 mm|
|File size||up to 6 MB|
All entries, submitted to the Golden Drum Young Drummers Competition, will be shown for the judging and published in a showcase of entries on www.goldendrum.com. Finalists will be exhibited during the Festival. Entries will be screened at the award ceremony, should your entry be awarded.
Prior to registration, familiarise yourself with rules and legal conditions that apply to the competition. By submitting your registration form, you agree with rules of participation.
- Only Young Drummers under 30 years old (born after 20 October 1987) and from Albania, Andorra, Austria, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Macedonia, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan and United Kingdom are eligible to compete.
- Each creative solution constitutes of one entry.
- None of the entries submitted in the competition can be returned.
- No legal action can be taken against the Jury.
- Participation fee and accommodation costs given as the award cannot be given in cash.
- The author declares with signature, that entry has never been published and that author is the owner of copyright. Quality and ownership of entry copyrights are solely the responsibility of the entrants. Entrants release the Festival’s Organiser of any responsibilities towards any and all third parties.
- The City of Ljubljana shall acquire a non-exclusive copyright for the use of the three awarded posters that were created for Young Drummers Competition. Posters will be used strictly for the self-promotional purposes of the City of Ljubljana. Copyrights are valid without geographical limitations, for the entire time of copyright, and include the right of adaptations.
- Author agrees that entries sent will be published on goldendrum.com, used for press releases and exhibited at the entry exhibition, if short-listed.
- The entrant authorizes the Festival’s Organizer to screen or publish his or her ads without charge for the purpose of promoting the Festival. Above stated authorization is given for the time period from 15 September 2017 to 15 September 2027 and could be used World-wide for the sole purpose of the presentation of the Golden Drum festival.
- The entry conditions must be strictly observed by the entrant. Completion and submission of the entry form imply entrant’s full acceptance of the competition rules. Non-compliance with any of the entry rules results in an entry’s automatic disqualification.
- The author(s) of the best poster(s) must provide the appropriate open files of the winning creative concept prior to receiving the award.
See also the Judging rules & regulations.
For more information send email to: [email protected].